Friday, June 25, 2010

Getting Xrays Proves Difficult

I will document all I can so that those of you considering surgery, won't have to be as lost as I was/am in doing these things as a first-timer. (I mean how many times do you actually do this in life?)  ;-)  I don't want you to feel alone. Hopefully by following my blog you won't feel that way.

I've done research off and on for years and am reasonably sure of the surgeon who will perform my surgeries. (more on that later.) He is not local. Therefore, I have to get xrays taken here and send then to him.

I want to tell you that getting someone to take my xrays has proved very difficult. Once I explained what I was doing, what I needed the xrays for, I was rejected. I called several offices and they all said "No".

I then called the surgeon I plan on going to ask for help, to see if he had a solution. I discovered they pretty much expected me to have this difficulty (would have been nice if they would have told me that from the get-go) and recommended I just make a consultative appointment with a local podiatrist and not share my plans.

I had xrays taken this week. Not only was I surprised at the severity of my bunions, but the podiatrist was as well. (Dr. East—more on him later) I carry my bunions well I guess, but the xrays show quite a severe case.  

Anyway, I'm hoping that I can document all I'll go through so it can help somebody out there. I know the information is needed because when I went searching 10 years ago there was barely nothing available. And now you get sort of just bits and pieces here and there online. So I'll be as transparent as I can.  Thanks for following! ;-)

LEFT FOOT
These are my xrays. (digitally done)
© DNC -
www.brachymetatarsia.blogspot.com



RIGHT FOOT
(The "Normal" xray on the right, is not my foot.)
© DNC -
www.brachymetatarsia.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment